Reporting to the Lead Technical Animator, the Senior Technical Animator will be responsible for working across disciplines to research, develop, and implement content/features related to character art, cinematics, gameplay, and locomotion and will help solve the production challenges of character development. The Senior Technical Animator will be a proactive team member with a passion for quality who will be instrumental in achieving our ambitious goals for characters, gameplay, and animation on a high profile title. The ideal candidate has worked on a range of game development projects and has experience implementing character related content into Unreal Engine.
- Collaborate across disciplines to research, develop, and implement features related to character art, cinematics, gameplay and locomotion
- Create tools and write scripts to improve the efficiency, quality, and ease of various content creation pipelines
- Enhance the UE4 systems in support of the art and design goals
- Help the animation team define, create, and maintain animation pipelines and processes
- Assist with complex dynamics such as the in-game physics of characters/cloth/hair
- Work cross-functionally to ensure character models meet technical and animation requirements
- 4+ years technical animation or equivalent experience
- Previously developed large and complex game systems in collaboration with art and design
- Intermediate knowledge in Maya or Unreal
- Solid understanding of debugging practices, performance analysis, and production pitfalls
- Proficiency in Python, PyQt/PySide and/or equivalent scripting languages
- Experience with rigging systems, facial animation, simulation setup, animation retargeting, motion capture, dialog system, hair, cloth dynamic and tool support
- C++ programming
- Animation graphs / state machines
Aspyr is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Aspyr are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Aspyr will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Aspyr encourages applicants of all ages.