At DreamWorks Animation Television, our Generalist (Surfacing) works closely with the CG Supervisor and Supervising TD to ensure the asset updates fit our current pipeline needs, primarily converting shaders to match our latest rendering standards.
DreamWorks Animation Television has an exciting new opportunity for a Generalist to join its team based in Glendale, California. This position is covered by the Animation Guild.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Check all renderable files for consistency and adhere to pipeline standards such as: naming conventions, node hierarchies, file directory pathing and overall QC
- Review and correct shading structures in asset builds created in older Maya versions and Arnold versions and update the Maya version and/or Arnold version as necessary
- Work with CG Design Artists to “final” asset builds for Lighting Production
- Responsible for detailing the corrections made to ensure the Partner Studio(s) understand the changes that were made
- Complete detailed builds and updates for props, sets, vehicles and environments for the lighting/compositing teams
- Document workflows and processes using Camtasia video and Shotgun Studio
- Collaborate with the Leads and Artists in other CG disciplines to help establish processes and pipeline integration
An understanding of the CG Pipeline
Knowledge of Maya (2015 through 2018), Arnold (MtoA 220.127.116.11 and MtoA 18.104.22.168 through MtoA 22.214.171.124) and Photoshop
Ability to meet required production deadlines
Fundamental generalist skills for troubleshooting and identifying problems within files
Ability to work in a fast paced production environment
Creative problem solving and adaptability skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and enjoys working in a team environment
At least 2 years of experience working within a 3D production preferred
Experience with asset management software, Shotgun preferred
Scripting ability in Python is a plus
Bachelor’s degree preferred
If interested, please make sure to apply on our careers page!