The Full-Stack Developer is part of the team responsible for the design, development, deployment, and maintenance of internal production management tools used to create and deliver animated feature films, commercials, and VR content. This is a mid to senior-level, full-time staff position at Dallas, TX or Montreal, Quebec Studio.
- Work as part of a team creating custom software tools for film, TV, and VR production
- Participate in the design and development of new features
- Assist in the testing and release of production systems
- Monitor production systems and resolve operational issues
- Interact regularly with artists and leads in production departments
- Communicate status and resolution with clients of varying technical expertise
- Maintain the support queue and manage multiple support and feature requests
- Work in a primarily Linux environment, distributed across multiple geographic locations
- BS or higher in Computer Science or a related technical field
- At least 3 years experience with commercial web development
- Working knowledge of Linux, Git, Node.js, Python, RESTful APIs
- Experience with test-driven methodologies and scalable systems
- A solid understanding of databases and database-driven systems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good planning and estimating abilities
- Good understanding of UI/UX principles
- RDBMS experience (Postgres, MySql, etc) – Modelling, writing queries, scaling
- Message queue / broker experience (eg RMQ, Kafka, Artemis, etc)
- Experience with dashboards and indexes (eg, ELK stack, Grafana, etc)
- Continuous integration/deployment experience
If you are interested in the position, please apply here: Job Link
This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Employees may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please note that Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents will be considered in priority.