Digital Domain Vancouver and Montreal is looking for Pipeline Supervisor!
Interested send your resume to Amy Quek, Senior Recruiter at [email protected]
Purpose of the job:
The Pipeline Supervisor is responsible for leading a team charged with the development, deployment,
and support of the Facility Pipeline on a Production. The Pipeline Supervisor does this in conjunction
with Technology Department leadership, as well as Department Supervisors and other Pipeline
Supervisors across the company, in order to maximize the return on investment in any pipeline
enhancements, while minimizing show risk and waste. The Pipeline Supervisor may also be tasked with leading pipeline and tool development in a particular domain or domains
• Helps drive the design, implementation, and evolution of a standardized pipeline for
• Productions and Departments, utilizing Show and Facility resources.
• Leads a team of Show and Facility TDs responsible for deploying, configuring, and supporting the
• Works with the other Pipeline Supervisors, Department Supervisors, and Technology Staff to
ensure that the pipeline meets the needs of the company at large and diverges as little as
possible between shows, while still meeting the needs of the individual Productions.
• Works with Production and Technology Management to ensure adequate resource coverage to
meet the demands of the current show.
• If responsible for a domain or domains, manages tool and pipeline development using modified
Agile methodologies that account for Production support and reprioritization; collaborates with the
Department Head to outline tool and pipeline development roadmaps that balance available TD
resources against Department goals.
• Acts as an escalation point for Supervisors, Production Management, and Artist Management to
resolve conflicts; ensures limited resources are effectively utilized, and TDs efficiently tasked by
matching TD skill-set to assignments, identifying cross-utilization opportunities whenever possible.
• Promotes a positive and productive work environment and leads collaborative efforts across the
Education and/or Experience Required:
• B.Sc. in Computer Science or Computer Graphics or equivalent Industry experience required.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in feature film on the post-production side desired.
• Experience managing software, pipeline, and/or technology teams desired.
• Production experience with Maya, Houdini and/or Nuke, including familiarity with APIs desired.
• General experience with Python in a production environment.
• Must be able to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.