We’ve got 2 tech art roles that are open on the Marathon team. One for rigging and one for graphics.
Can be on-site in the Seattle/Bellevue area, hybrid, or entirely remote if you live in an approved state (US only at the moment - CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI).
30 days PTO, 10 sick days, 401k match with no vesting period, healthcare premiums are 100% covered by Bungie, and you get to work alongside an awesome tech art team!
Technical Artist - Rigging
- Acquire a deep understanding of our engine and related tools.
- Operation of Bungie’s proprietary rigging system and DCC tools and technology
- Collaboration with Exdev, Character 3D Art, Hard-Surface 3D Art, Animation, Design and Engineering
- Creation of technical content for various assets meeting Bungie’s shipping quality bar (Skeletons, Rigs, Skin Weighting, Cloth, and more)
- Quality assurance for external 3D art and animation content
- Provide desk side support for Artists, Animators and Designers
- Develop and maintain internal & external tools pipelines, supporting artists working efficiently.
- Documenting processes required to educate artists on new tools or workflows.
- Professional or personal experience working with real-time game engines.
- Proficiency at Rigging in Autodesk Maya or equivalent software
- Scripting or Programming experience in Python, C#, C++ or equivalent
- Experience partnering with external developers to create 3D art content.
- Comfortable with prototyping and fast iterative development cycles
- Problem solving skills, good collaboration and a keen eye for detail are critical for success in this role.
Senior Technical Artist - Graphics
• Collaborate with artists and engineers to define a roadmap for integrating new technologies
• Build out new tools to empower content creators to do their best work
• Write new shaders and render features to upgrade the screen and delight our customers
• Create tools to integrate 3rd party software such as Houdini, EmberGen, and Substance Painter in the artist workflows
• Assist Artists with the setup of complex game assets and workflows
• Provide guidelines for managing asset memory and performance across platforms
• Provide classroom and written material to maximize content creator efficiency from regular education
• Provide the technical component of look development with the Art Directors
• Prior professional game development experience
• Strong aesthetic sense with a solid understanding of content creation pipelines
• Previous professional experience in Python, C#, C++ or equivalent
• Experience writing shaders in HLSL
• Up to date knowledge of real-time shaders and PBR pipelines
• Experience owning and troubleshooting stability, performance, and memory issues on different platforms