Wiki

Most (if not all) requirements or suggestions that so far came out of the questionaire will be possible with the full version of vbwikipro (we currently run the lite version).

[ul]
[li]Administer wiki permissions and groups from within vBulletin’s Usergroup Manager.[/li][li]Full skin integration. No need to customize your wiki skins. Simply install vbWiki Pro and your wiki will inherit the look and feel from your forums’ styles and templates (including images, menues, colors, etc).[/li][li]Support for vBulletin Templates. You can further tweak the layout of your wiki pages by customizing templates in vBulletin’s Template Manager. No need to edit a PHP skin.[/li][li]Adds custom control panel to vBulletin’s AdminCP, where all vbWiki Pro and most MediaWiki settings can be configured. (Once MediaWiki is installed, there is no need to deal with config files whenever you want to configure your MediaWiki installation).[/li][/ul]http://www.nuhit.com/vbwiki-pro/features.html

I’ve looked for alternatives, but that one seems the best option.

If this sounds good then I will purchase a copy this week.

Do NOT purchase. Appearantly the designer is awol so there is zero support or updates.

I’m gonna look for an alternative.

We need to figure out a Wiki solution sooner rather than later. I’m going to get some help with setting up a nice looking front page for it, and some portal pages (will probably mirror the forums in major divisions of knowledge).

I may have found a possible solution, but it wouldn’t allow anyone to use spaces or underscores in their username. So if we would go this way, we’d have to change our usernames to only our first name for example.

For the meantime I think we will just have to deal with unique Wiki/forum database. Which sucks but the first option would require major headaches, and the second option is old and would cause too many inconveniences. Something will come along eventually, I think.

Anyway, I’ve been going through the Wiki for the past hour or two and changing the color scheme to match our forum skin.