VFX for my demo reel project

Hey! I got a new computer and started working on some effects. I know tessellation based effects won’t be mainstream anytime soon but I’m not applying for jobs anytime soon either. I’ll update this thread as I progress with my project. Thanks for looking :slight_smile:

//youtu.be/o2QhfEhKEa4

That looks like a cool start! Perhaps do a version with particles coming off as well and show them step by step like a breakdown?

I like it.

Thanks, I’m currently trying to make transitions in which flames get larger/intenser with time. Thanks for the suggestion, particles will come after that :slight_smile:

I like that you have a bit of distortion going as well. If feels to me like the flames are moving really fast though. Let them be a little more lazy and like Demno said, something come off would really help to sell it. Floating embers or something.

Looking good though!

Thanks for the comment Syreian.

I’m trying to figure out how to attach particle systems to sockets now. I see it’s made with unrealscript so, that may take a while as I have no knowledge but I’ll try :slight_smile:

//youtu.be/SK6j-554CW8

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/ParticleSystemReference.html#Location Modules
The Location module in Cascade allows you to spawn particles at bone/socket locations.

Is this what you’re trying to do, or do you want to be able to set this up for something other than a skmesh placed in editor?

Matthew, that will be very useful for adjusting the particles but I am planning to show this stuff in an environment. Maybe not for the demo reel breakdowns but mainly for fun/practice. So, at some point this won’t be enough but thanks a lot :slight_smile:

EDIT: Sorry, this thread will continue at the new VFX section of the forum.