Job Title: Unity Programmer Lead/Technical Artist
Company: Studio Waterzooi
Location: Brussels, Belgium (On-site)
Duration: August/September 2023 to January 2024 (~6 months)
I am thrilled to announce an exciting job opportunity for a Unity Programmer/Technical Artist for the sequel of my indie-game, “Please, Touch The Artwork.” As the title suggests, this game allows players to interact with art through touch, providing a captivating and immersive experience. If you are passionate about modern art, game development, have a deep understanding of Unity, and possess expertise in both programming and artistic aspects, I would love to have you join my team. It’s a very small team though! You will be working together with me (Thomas Waterzooi, designer/programmer) and a couple of 2D artists/animators to make a game inspired by the paintings of James Ensor, a famous Belgian painter. This means your opinion will be valued!
- Take the lead in designing and building a robust architecture for the game using Unity, ensuring optimal performance across various platforms.
- Optimize the game for mobile platforms (iOS and Android)
- Utilize your expertise in shaders, whether built-in or Universal Render Pipeline (URP), to enhance the visual quality and artistic expression of the game.
- Work closely with the artist/animator to integrate visuals and ensure seamless blending of art and interactivity.
- Proficiency in Unity game development and a strong command of C# programming.
- Prior experience a programming role, ideally in the gaming industry.
- Expertise in building scalable and optimized architectures for games.
- Familiarity with mobile game development and experience optimizing for iOS and Android platforms.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, including artists and animators.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a detail-oriented mindset.
- Love for modern art and games that are not super conventional
- English or Dutch speaking
- Work on site in Brussels
At Studio Waterzooi, we value creativity, innovation, and a collaborative spirit. We offer a dynamic work environment where your skills and ideas can flourish. Join us in shaping the next iteration of “Please, Touch The Artwork” and revolutionize the way players engage with art.
If you are ready to embark on this exciting journey and make a lasting impact in the gaming industry, please submit your application, including your resume and portfolio, to [email protected].
I look forward to hearing from you soon.