UDK - The Waterfall

Hello people, I would like to share here my latest project.

//youtu.be/d3q4l-ZzVuk

For more info

Original HD Video

HI! very well done!
could you say something more about the real flow particles and the real time normal map generation, please? :slight_smile:
Just for fun: did you used my rock generator script to create some rocks? :wink:

This looks great, congrats! I especially love the frog’s material. One minor thing that bites my eye is that the water around the rocks looks a little too viscous around 3:34.

Wow - amazing work. I love it. And…I made it into the credits. :slight_smile: I’m glad that whatever I did helped you create such a great work of art.

you should post this on www.polycount.com if you haven’t already. Front page news for sure. nice job.

one note: on a personal preference, your using a lens flare, but I think it actually takes away from the beautiful environment.

also, I’d get that website up and running!

[QUOTE=alelink;16364]HI! very well done!
could you say something more about the real flow particles and the real time normal map generation, please? :slight_smile:
Just for fun: did you used my rock generator script to create some rocks? ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh, we have a problem here! I put sascha henrichs in the credits. But this is not your name? The idea was to include the script programmer in the credits, I tried :smiley:

Hello Ben,
Im glad you liked it. I started learning hlsl helped by you, with ShaderFx, your cgAcademy lessons or released examples. Thanks forever! You deserve that place in the project ^^

great job! absolutely stunning

It’s not a problem at all :slight_smile: If you followed the great Sasha’s tutorial, just credit him. If you used the script just add me too. But, just to be clear, you don’t need to include me in credits:) I have only seen some stones similar to those produced by the script, just that.
Anyway, it’s a great scenario, bravo! :wink:

Great job! (The gel like water indeed looks weird.)

Are the circular water waves based on Sobel filtering or some
more exotic method like render-to-texture a particle system?

[QUOTE=alelink;16380]It’s not a problem at all :slight_smile: If you followed the great Sasha’s tutorial, just credit him. If you used the script just add me too. But, just to be clear, you don’t need to include me in credits:) I have only seen some stones similar to those produced by the script, just that.
Anyway, it’s a great scenario, bravo! ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh, Im so sorry, I really thought Sasha was the author. Sorry man.

[QUOTE=Zoltan;16385]Great job! (The gel like water indeed looks weird.)

Are the circular water waves based on Sobel filtering or some
more exotic method like render-to-texture a particle system?[/QUOTE]

You got it! Particles RTT :smiley:

oh man, your working on deadlight! just saw the trailer a few days ago. looks awesome.

Yeah, hehe. But I just arrived to close it. You know, ‘fix all of this nightmare and do magic in record time’ xD

oh yea, i think you mean, “the artist’s aren’t quite done, but should be done in few days…and we’ll probably need for your part to be finished yesterday.”

Haha, not so extreme. Im still healthy ^^

Cool results! I would love to see a breakdown of each effect, the workflows, shader trees, wireframes, textures, etc. And what software you used (outside UDK). The docs on your site don’t go into much detail at all, so it’s a bit hard to understand the work that went into this.

I prefer to tell what I do without telling how :smiley: And about the art, since I dont like so much modeling or textureing, the art there is not good enough to show it in detail. When doing art, I use to make just the strictly necessary detail. I cant work in a model more than 8 hours, hehe. I get desperated if not xD Anyway, In my site you can download some full HD screens. I also wrote a document about my ocean shader. The river is pretty similar.