Message me on Slack or the board if you’re interested.
We’re looking for a technically oriented Houdini Specialist for our Unannounced Project.
You will get the unique opportunity to work with our talented game dev teams to create assets, tools, and effects for our latest projects, which will increase the immersion and quality of the game experience. A key aspect of this role is not only to understand quickly the existing processes and to be able to update/optimize it but it’s also about understanding both the level designers and artists’ needs in order to provide custom-tailored tools.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Creating Houdini digital assets for use in-game, cinematics and in conjunction with other DCC’s
- Creating Houdini tools for automation
- Creating procedural geometry and animations
- Creating effects for use in the engine (pre-rendered and run-time)
- Day-to-day Art and Tech team support
- Help solve specific issues blocking production
- Assist other team members in achieving their tasks more efficiently
- Training of colleagues
- Documentation of systems and art pipeline
- Safeguard memory budgets for art assets
- Performance optimization of art assets
You could describe yourself as an autonomous creative with a focus on goals. Your ability to de-construct reference material in order to build your own procedural versions makes you a hugely valued member to the team.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
Professional working experience directly with Houdini
Experienced with Python, VEX and Nuke
Focus on upholding rendering budgets and other technical constraints related to performance in real-time engines
Knowledge and understanding of the requirements for a global pipeline, the ability to enforce strong processes and to setup new ones
Familiarity with game dev processes and techniques
Overall artistic knowledge (composition, color, motion, etc.)
Experience with other 3D programs is a bonus
Knowledge of other programming languages (C#, C++, Java Script) is a bonus