Hey folks, we are hiring for several positions here at Epic HQ in Cary, NC and I believe a couple in Montreal.
We are filling roles for Junior and Senior positions.
If you are interested and you think you have the chops, hit me up on the #TAO Slack channel. @Meatplowz
Epic Games, is searching for a Technical Animator with a passion for expressive character movement to join our small and mighty Technical Animation team. In this talented team of veteran and emerging artists you’ll collaborate across teams, and contribute directly to Fortnite and other Epic projects. Joining this team means you’re motivated to seek solutions to problems and work with other artists to make positive changes to models, movements, and tools. The heart of this role is rigging and skinning Epic’s never-ending line of awesome creations, each with their own set of challenges.
- Rigging characters and character skins for Fortnite and other Epic projects
- Setting up assets in Unreal Engine 4; including cloth, physics, blueprints
- Working closely with modelers and animators to ensure a smooth development pipeline that delivers high quality assets
- Assisting with pipeline tools and working with engine and project leads on continuous improvement of those engine tools
- Extensive experience rigging characters in Maya
- A portfolio demonstrating rigging for a range of characters, bipeds, and beasts
- Exceptional attention to detail, especially with regards to character deformations
- Familiarity with the Unreal Engine 4 art pipeline
- Strong written communication and teamwork skills
- Python programming a plus
If you’d like to be part of building a visually stunning game we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we’ll be in touch soon.