Message me on Slack or the board if you’re interested.
SENIOR VFX ARTIST
AVATAR PROJECT, ART, MALMÖ
We’re embarking on an amazing journey together with Lightstorm Entertainment and FoxNext Games, to the world of Pandora, developing a new cutting-edge game set on the beautiful and dangerous moon from the prominent Avatar film franchise.
As a Senior VFX Artist at Massive, you’ll be responsible for creating astonishing visual effects aligned with the games artistic vision and utilizing the technical possibilities of our Snowdrop engine. You’ll be part of a highly specialized intimate special effects team; reporting to a Lead and collaborating with both an additional Senior and a Junior VFX Artist. You’ll also collaborate in task forces together with the wider production team (for example; the Art Director, a team of Environment Artists, Level/Game Designers and Producers) to help us craft the ultimate interactive Pandora experience.
- Producing high-quality effects
- Planning, estimating and prioritizing your tasks
- Optimizing workflows and maintaining a balance between quality and performance
- Building relationships with Artists, Designers, Technical Artists and Programmers to facilitate effective collaboration during the creation of our game assets
- Communicating and collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure the consistency of work within the team
- Sharing knowledge within the team and set practices, pipelines, and workflows together with others
You’re an artist, driven towards producing high-quality work and who always keeps up to date with the latest relevant tech. You’ve excellent skills in discussing ideas together, especially in English (our company language), and you enjoy seeing the whole team succeed.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- A relevant portfolio of artwork is required (this must include VFX-Art in a photo-realistic style)
- Previous experience from several AAA game productions through to release
- Several years experience as a VFX/Special Effects or Technical Artist
- Relevant degree in an Art/Design field, or the equivalent work experience
- Understanding of particle effect-based workflows and shader creation, from concept to optimization
- Adobe Photoshop and/or After Effects competent user for texture creation
- Understanding of Physically Based Rendering and Linear workflows
- Understanding of modeling, texture mapping, materials and post-processing (color grading etc.)
- It would be great but not essential, if you also have working knowledge in Houdini