Mobu: test if a fbx has finished loading

Working on a tool to create storytracks and clips and set certain offsets to them.

however, it seems that even though my clip’s constructor is finished, the Fbx-file assigned to the new clip isn’t finish loading.

so when i set the offset i want, it assigns it to the clip but when the fbx is finished loading, it just adds its on value on top of it.

so if i want 10 , 0 , - 5.
and the Fbx offset has 25, 0 , 10

i end up with a offset of: 35, 0, 5
Anyone with some insights?
this is kind of what im doing at the moment

pCurrentClip = new FBStoryClip(lClipPath, pCurrentTrack, lTimeStart);
FBVector3d lTrans(ltx,lty,ltz);
pCurrentClip->Translation = lTrans;

What are you using to load the fbx? Are you using the FBFbxManager? This should give you the control you need. You also will have access to the “LoadIsCompleted” method, though I haven’t used it myself.

Stev

Right now it’s the storyclip constructor that gets the fbx file, (lClipPath is the location of a fbx-file).

And fbxmanager isn’t really what i want since i want animation data to the clip.

So a Little update:

It seems like the problem is that the clip offset isn’t properly loaded until the viewer has been updated.

so if someone could help me to write some code to update the viewer, i would owe you big time(money for a beer maybe?:wink:)

Which viewer? The 3d view or the story window? Have you tried calling the FBScene Evaluate?

I mean the 3d viewer. gonna test what i can do with FBScene Evaluate, thanks!

Update again, seems like the Evaluate function doesnt work either… guess ill try to get autodesk to help me and tell how the clip importing works