Has anyone successfully compiled their own version of Lentil for Arnold?
I’ve followed the directions as best I can on the github repository but Maya won’t read the resulting plugin and i feel like i’m missing some files when the Cryptomatte plugin compiles.
I’m doing this on Windows 11 fwiw.
I’m using CMake 3.27.
I’m compiling for Arnold 126.96.36.199
- I download the lentil-lentil-2.5 repository along with the necessary Eigen/fmt/pota/CryptomatteArnold respositories.
- I use CMake to build Eigen, then fmt, then pota to subdirectories /build in each.
- I then open “Developer Command Prompt for VS2015”.
- and run the build code: msbuild “B:/lentil/CryptomatteArnold/build/INSTALL.vcxproj” /p:Configuration=Release
- (minor difference from the documentation i used the full path and switch the slash direction and added quotes)
I then get the following files: B:/lentil/CryptomatteArnold/build/dist/1.2.0/ai188.8.131.52/bin/cryptomatte.lib B:/lentil/CryptomatteArnold/build/dist/1.2.0/ai184.108.40.206/bin/cryptomatte.dll B:/lentil/CryptomatteArnold/build/dist/1.2.0/ai220.127.116.11/ae/alShaders.py
The install.txt file says:
For MtoA (in-place install) - See also: [MtoA (Maya)](https://support.solidangle.com/display/A5AFMUG/Cryptomatte) - Libraries and MTD files found in the 'bin' directory go somewhere in your ARNOLD_PLUGIN_PATH or in 'shaders' under your MtoA installation directory - *.py interface templates found in the 'ae' directory go somwhere in your MTOA_TEMPLATES_PATH or in 'scripts/mtoa/ui/ae' under your MtoA installation directory
This seems to indicate to me that im missing some files in the compile, since I dont have any .MTD files and the only 2 files in /bin are the 2 cryptomatte files.
Did I need to have the files in different directories? The arnold crypto matte build is happening from a sister directory to the other projects. I assume its setup to know that… was i supposed to pre-compile those 3 projects to the lentil/build instead of lentil/Eigen/build for example?
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.