Maya 2024 stub files

Thanks for generating stub files, I’ve been testing them in PyCharm and they work great!

I do have one question.
Are there stub files for OpenMaya 2.0?

Thanks for the kind words. Comments like yours make the effort worthwhile.
I haven’t done any for API 2.0, yet. I was waiting on the feedback for this first pass. I wanted to gauge how much it is used before putting in the added effort.

2 Likes

Maya2025 has been released. But Autodesk has not provided an offline download of the new docs. Really disappointed since I can’t generate new stub files until they do.

I got really surprising news from Autodesk today. I had put in a ticket request for offline documentation for Maya 2025. This is their reply:

I got feedback from the product team today. Unfortunately, they are unable to provide offline document for Maya 2025. Sorry for the bad news.

If you want stub files for Maya 2025, we need those offline docs. Please put in your own ticket request for the offline docs. Who knows, if enough people complain…

1 Like

That sounds … dumb. But I wouldn’t put it past Autodesk.
Could this just be “we can’t provide offline documentation right now”? :crossed_fingers: Hey, I can hope

And if worse comes to worst, you could just scrape the data from their website. I took a look at the website T&C, and I didn’t find any provisions for that. [EDIT: Nevermind, the help file links to a different T&C that does prohibit scraping] Though I did see that they put a header into the MEL docs that tells search engines not to index them. Which is probably why you still get Maya 2012 MEL docs when you search on Google.

I looked into scraping or copying the Autodesk docs website. Can’t do it. Lots of javascript code. My scripts rely on certain page structure and I’m not about to redo it all.

Good lord Autodesk - WHY?!