Maxscript with WPF/XAML - dotNet runtime exception

Hey all!

I’ve recently been messing around a lot more with using .net and mxs together to build a few little tools. Thanks to LoneRobot, Paul Neale, and quite a few others out there for posting such helpful info. Working with Visual Studio and XAML to build tools that run faster (not to mention look better) has been a huge help in my day to day workflow.
Just recently though, I started doing a bit of work on my home machine and am continually encountering the same errors when I try to run scripts that work successfully on my office machine. After doing some digging around, the only thing I can figure out is that it may somehow be tied into whether the version of Max is 32 or 64 bit. My question is, has anyone else run into these same problems? Below are my machine specs and a few other details:
*Note - I also run 3ds max as administrator every time.

-Office Machine
–Win 7 64bit
–3ds Max 2011 64 and 32 bit
–.net 3.5 SP1 & 4.0
–Visual Studio 2010

-Home Machine
–Win 7 32bit
–3ds Max 2011 32bit
–.net 3.5 SP1 & 4.0
–Visual C# Express 2010

The example code is kindly provided on Chad Mauldin’s site here: http://www.chadmauldin.com/blog/maxscript/wpf-and-maxscript-example/
Although, writing a little snippet even simpler than this will kick an error as well (at least for me).

On my first run on the home machine, I get the following error: “Runtime error: dotNet runtime exception: External component has thrown an exception.” always at the same spot when calling the .Show() function. Whereas my work machine will run it just fine.

So, I start digging around on the web because I assume plenty of other people have seen this at some point in their time doing tech art stuff. The most informative bit of information I found was this page: http://apps.jhaywood.com/blog/?e=52773&d=08/12/2010&s=DotNet%204.0%20in%203dsMax%202011
It seems as though most of the information dealt with people having trouble running their scripts under 64bit versions which is not the case with my computer since it is a 32bit environment. After trying all, then some, then various combinations of some of the steps listed on James Haywood’s site, I repeatedly encountered this error:
“Runtime error: dotNet runtime exception: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.”

I was actually a little happy to see the error, just for the simple fact that there was a change from the monotony of my other attempts at fixing the problem. The last attempt I made was to uninstall every .net framework I had listed on my home machine and then do a fresh install of them. Nothing has worked to let me run some simple little lines of code.
Has anyone else come across this? Am I just missing something blatantly obvious as to what the fix for it is?

Thanks!

Quick Edit
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I have not tried recompiling the mxsdotNet.dlx in any way. I’d like to avoid this mainly because I’m not familiar with the process, although I don’t mind giving it a shot if it is really the only solution.