ArenaNet is currently seeking talented, passionate and experienced Lead VFX artist to join our team. The Lead VFX artist will oversee and collaborate with a skilled team of VFX artists, and work closely with the Art Director and Design leads to create spectacular visual effects for players, creatures and items, bringing the magic (both figuratively and literally) to life.
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and supervision for the VFX art team.
- Work closely with designers to visualize VFX for gameplay, creatures, environment and events.
- Coordinate with production: the Lead VFX artist is the primary point of contact for all VFX scheduling and scoping decisions.
- Create VFX assets using propriety and commercial tools.
- Maintain visual cohesion with the GW2 art style.
- 5 plus years of industry experience in all stages of game development from preproduction to ship.
- Multiple shipped title for PC or Console.
- Strong Portfolio demonstrating excellent understanding of particle systems, animation, simulations, modeling, and texture painting.
- Experience as an Art lead or manager.
- 3D art generalist, competent in all areas of asset creation.
- Strong working knowledge of Maya.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, creative thinker.
- Able to creatively solve problems.
- Strong grasp of the overall ArenaNet visual style for Guild Wars.
- Experience with shader development.
- Background in painting, concept art, or animation.
- Ability to model and texture objects within a range of styles (painterly to realistic).