Is there a way to create a CheckButton in dotNET?

Hi there everyone,

I was wondering whether there is a way of creating a CheckButton alternative in .NET? I found several pointers and articles all pointing to a PushButton style enum for a Button control (inherited), however, I have no idea how to set it up in Max via MAXScript.

Any tips on this from the seasoned .NET TDs? I’d very much appretiate any help as the CheckButtons in 3ds Max are a bit limited to what they can do (in Max 2009 and below).

Thanks a lot in advance, cheers,

Use a checkbox or a radiobutton and set it’s appearence to Button :slight_smile:

:smiley: Well I’ll be damned! It works just as expected! I can’t believe it! :smiley:

dotNET is one magical critter…

Thanks a lot Kameleon! Much appretiated!

Hi Lukas,

Another option is to use the DotNet Radio button with the appearance set to “button”
The advantage of this is that when grouped together, dotnet will handle the checking and unchecking logic for you, leaving you with the selected item (ie just like radio buttons but prettier) I have used this functionality to make a flat tab bar without the need for a custom, external assembly. this is an example -

[QUOTE=LoneRobot;3816]Hi Lukas,

Another option is to use the DotNet Radio button with the appearance set to “button”
The advantage of this is that when grouped together, dotnet will handle the checking and unchecking logic for you, leaving you with the selected item (ie just like radio buttons but prettier) I have used this functionality to make a flat tab bar without the need for a custom, external assembly. this is an example -

[/QUOTE]

Great tip! Thanks a lot, much appretiated!

Btw: your tutorials are really great and helped me a lot getting the hand of dotNET in MAXScript, thanks a lot for that as well! :wink:

Hi Lukas,

you’re welcome, I’m glad you find them useful!