Mid - Senior Technical Animator/Character TD
Heart Machine is looking for an experienced Technical Animator/Character TD to help lead character rigging, pipeline and tool development on an unannounced title. This role requires strong Maya rigging/setup skills as well as understanding of anatomy and realistic deformation to create compelling stylized characters.
- Set up and maintain character (humans, animals, creatures) rigs and systems
- Work with the art team to develop models that meet technical requirements
- Work with animation group to create artist-friendly rigs that satisfy animation/gameplay needs
- Design and set up character dynamics (i.e. cloth, hair)
- Develop new techniques and processes to further push visual aesthetic goals
- Collaborate with the art team and technical art staff in tools and systems research
- Create tools to streamline workflow/pipeline
- Work with team directors and production to identify/prioritize tasks
- Provide and maintain technical documentation
Your Qualifications + Skills
- Minimum 5 years of production experience in games or film/vfx
- Experience designing character pipelines with Maya and Unreal
- Strong Python and Maya scripting proficiency
- Experience creating/modifying auto-rigging and skinning tools
- In-depth knowledge of character rigging techniques and principles
- Ability to create appealing skin deformations
- Experience creating modular and flexible systems for a large number of varied character types
- Experience creating efficient tools that can adapt with project needs
- Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to find pragmatic solutions
- Proven ability to be self-sufficient and take initiative to seek answers and address issues
Heart Machine Offers
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Paid parental leave
- Flexibility in work location(s)
Send your application to [email protected] with the title “Technical Animator”.
Please include specific skills you would bring to a new project, as well as any links to current and/or past projects.
We are supportive of a diverse workforce and strive for inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, criminal history, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
*Benefits and perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Heart Machine and country in which you work.