Do you love helping Artists, Technical Artists and Animators unlock their full potential by building the pipelines of their dreams? Can you turn HLSL and C++ into breathtaking visual experiences that players will never forget?
Our team is seeking an experienced Graphics Programmer who is comfortable working with the Unreal Engine. This position will involve working with both the art team and fellow programmers to deliver the technology necessary to realize the ambitious visual identity of Homeworld 3. The ideal candidate will have a passion for empowering teammates and sharing in the creative process. They should also have a broader interest in contributing to performance, scalability, development practices, as well as code quality and reliability.
- Drive the visual technology of the game with a focus on AAA quality
- Be responsible for performance across a wide range of hardware
- Work closely with the Art Director to ensure their vision is achieved
- A minimum of 3 years experience on at least one shipped title
- A degree in computer science, related field, or equivalent experience
- Strong C++ and Shader/Material skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Unreal Engine experience
- Passion for graphics programming and algorithms / mathematics (linear algebra, trigonometry)
- Good understanding of game content pipeline and tools
- Strong ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical teammates
- Self-motivated and a great teammate willing to pitch in on many areas of development
- Familiarity with rendering techniques, shaders and graphics hardware
- Experience with particle / effects systems
Due to COVID-19, applicants must be eligible to work in Canada, or currently in Canada on a work permit/visa. With the exception of specifically on-site roles, all roles will commence as a work-from-home arrangement. This arrangement will be revisited as COVID-19 government regulations are eased.