Experienced Technical Animator – Full Time
As a tech animator at Super Spline Studios you will support animators on a day to day basis. We expect you to be able to troubleshoot and solve issues independently, as well as working closely with the team. You will also be expected to write tools/processes based on the tech roadmap. You should be comfortable implementing animations in game, including setting up animation graphs to hand over to programmers. The desired candidate may be an animator who has a technical savvy skill-set or may be someone who is considered a tech artist but has experience working with animation features and pipelines. The ability to animate would be an additional bonus.
The right candidate has the opportunity to establish themselves in our small studio and help build our pipelines, streamline workflows and be intrinsic to the growth that we aspire to.
- Minimum 5 years in a similar role
- Knowledge of game development workflows, most importantly within rigging and animation
- Proficiency in Autodesk Maya and experience using its rigging / skinning tools
- A solid foundation and understanding of rigging at an experienced or advanced level
- Experience working with and/or creating animation tools and scripts (Python, MEL, Pymel)
- Able to create rigs for characters and props for various styles (realistic, cartoony) using knowledge of anatomy for humanoid and animals
- Experience rigging faces using joints, blendshapes, FACS etc.
- Working knowledge of creating assets for game engines including Unreal and Unity.
- A great sense of technical excellence, functionality, and problem-solving
- A strong portfolio and willingness to complete a test to show skill level if asked
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Understanding of multi-layered deformation systems, deformers, blendshapes etc and how they work in real time game middleware
- Experience of dynamics (cloth, muscles etc) and integrating them in games.
- Experience with C# / Unreal Blueprints / Unity Editor Scripts
- Experience with working with motion capture data in Maya
A Portfolio is required demonstrating all aspects of your skills, please include a link in your application. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. This is a full time position in our Leamington Spa studio. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.K.
Unfortunately we can only respond to successful candidates due to the overwhelming number of applicants.