Unity’s Consulting & Development team is looking for a Technical Artist to solve customer problems across a variety of exciting fields, such as video games, media and entertainment, manufacturing, automotive and architecture. Our customers include globally-known brands, and they need their art pipelines optimized, their visual targets met, and timely advice on how best to use Unity. If you’re technically skilled, customer-focused, and curious, this job will suit you.
Your day-to-day work will include interacting with customers, researching and delivering the answers to their questions, developing solutions and examples, and striving to ensure that their projects succeed.
This role might involve occasional travel to customers’ offices and other Unity offices, primarily within Europe. Travel will generally not exceed 5 nights per month and it’s usually conducted during week days.
We’re committed to maintaining a diverse team, and we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- Become embedded with external customer teams to develop interactive applications and tools
- Develop and maintain art production workflows and pipelines by writing scripts and tools to aid artists in the creation of content
- Visit customers for short-term consultations and give them advice on how to improve their existing pipelines
- Produce and integrate assets such as particle systems, shaders and other VFX into our customers’ applications without sacrificing artistic vision or exceeding technical limits of the platform
- Build close relationships with Unity’s internal development teams and provide customer feedback and uses cases to them
- Efficiently solve problems, communicate, and educate our clients, both remotely and on-site at their offices
- Proactively train yourself to remain at the forefront of Unity Engine technology
- Understanding of technical art asset delivery suitable for real-time usage/application
- Experience in writing shaders for real-time rendering and using tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and Max/Maya professionally
- Professional development experience in a team context using one or more interactive content engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal, in-house) and version control systems (e.g., Perforce, Git, Mercurial, etc)
- Able to guide customers by clearly communicating ideas and technical knowledge via written reports
- Comfortable with regular travel across Europe
- Experience with C# and/or Python
- Comprehensive knowledge of rendering fundamentals, such as modelling, unwrapping/texturing/shading/surfacing, rigging, animation, lighting, rendering and pipeline tool development
- Experience with profiling and performance optimization of applications
- Experience in digital content creation using tools such as Substance Painter, Substance Designer, and ZBrush
- Experience in delivering training/technical talks and writing technical articles/documentation
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.