We’re collaborating with Disney and Lucasfilm Games on a new story-driven open-world video game set in the beloved Star Wars galaxy. This is a lore we love and want to do justice with a game and story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey that will stay with them for years.
As a Technical Animator at Massive, you’ll be the link between animation and code. You’ll work with industry-leading tools, like our Snowdrop game engine, and collaborate with a cross-functional team of Technical Animators, Artists, and Programmers.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language).
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain tools for DCC packages using Python
- Test and Debug tools and processes to ensure stability and usability
- Focusing on supporting our Animation team with tools and proactive suggestions for improvement of workflows
- Be ready for quick tweaks during production to fit the animator’s current needs
- Acting as a mentor for Junior team members and sharing knowledge
What you’ll bring
You are passionate about animation and the emerging technologies that surround them. You are curious and open to new ideas while actively looking for the best solution to the task at hand. You are comfortable working autonomously and can present your ideas in a clear way. You are comfortable collaborating within a multidisciplinary team where you can each utilize your niche expertise to achieve a higher quality together. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Several years of professional experience as a Technical Animator (or equivalent) from TV/Film or game projects
- Strong knowledge of Maya, MotionBuilder and Python
- Please make sure to share your portfolio with your application