[Photoshop] Configurator

This tool was breifly mentioned on this board before, but I thought it needs it own thread :slight_smile:

Configurator

If you dont have/need/want flash use this little gem. It’ll give you a native flash panel with some good controls to work with. Run jsx scripts, any PS tool, menu items, even load up some html if you’d like.

Looks very useful (one more thing to add to my list of “cool stuff to tinker with”). Thanks for sharing. :):

Hmm, had no clue this existed. Thanks for sharing!

I actually just discovered this a few min before I saw this post. It’s pretty awesome! I’d like to take use of it sometime in the future with some of the stuff I’ve been working on.

We wanted to move into CS5 and I actually found about this 2 days ago, very cool. Especially that you can call menu button clicks through html like syntax like adobe://photoshop.cs5/main/file/export/xxxxxx as a link, or you can like previously said call java script :slight_smile: Which is very handy because you can call plugin commands using ActionDescriptor and ActionReference objects :slight_smile:

It also ships with a nice UI Designer that you can embed Flash, Html, Javascript etc ^^

Very nice indeed!

I have been using this tool for a while now and it is a nice way to set up panels in Photoshop.

One issue I had when first using it was with the MSI file that it creates does not include paths to copy the attached scripts or actions within it automatically, they have to be added manually.

I also wish that 2.0 could be used in CS4, since it has a much better feature set, especially things like collapsible groups and such.

No kidding, cool, thanks for the info.

Yeah this is better than me messing with Flex. Still havent figured that out to work with CS5 :frowning: