London Studio are building a team from the ground up for an upcoming PlayStation 5 online game. Quality is something that we are immensely proud to be aiming for, and we are looking at putting the right team together to help take us forward. New starters will be joining at the perfect time to get involved in shaping our plans for a project we are exceptionally passionate about.
We are also part of a wider network of PlayStation Studios and there are lots of opportunities for collaboration and wider support from our sister studios like Insomniac, Guerrilla, Naughty Dog and Media Molecule to name a few.
As the Lead Technical Artist, you will have a meaningful role to play in creating, shaping, and directing our internal technology, solving problems and being a force multiplier for our artists to deliver the highest quality. Working with our ground breaking proprietary engine offers a unique opportunity to use your creative and technical skill to truly define a next-gen experience and allow us to push the boundaries of possibility.
You will work with the Art Director, Lead Artist and Technical Artists to contribute to shaping the vision for how we build our games, setting a bar for both excellence, and the studio’s reputation for pioneering game development.
- You’ll be responsible for our Technical Art team’s shader development, graphics technology, tooling, and performance.
- Be the key link between Art and Tech, championing clear communication between the teams.
- A key collaborator in our internal technology development for our art teams.
- Identify industry trends and improvements to workflow and efficiency such as ‘proceduralism’.
- Maintain project direction and development documentation, with an ability to convey the abstract and sophisticated ideas, aesthetics, and technical areas of your expertise.
- Share your passion and knowledge of technical art to support and mentor the team
- Work closely with art leadership and production to keep tech art on schedule and scope for all studio productions.
- Collaborate with Art Management to build, source and extend our team with global AAA talent. Helping support and train our external partners as well as reviewing and ensuring ultimate quality.
- Experience developing technical art including procedural content, shaders, tools, and optimisation for games.
- You have extensive knowledge and experience with Houdini for generating procedural worlds.
- Understanding of the character and animation creation pipeline, able to spot weaknesses in the efficiency and support developing solutions to maintain and improve our workflows
- You have good knowledge of procedural material generation like Substance Designer, and corresponding in-engine materials
- Solid knowledge of 3D packages (Maya, Max, etc.).
- You have proficient problem-solving skills and experience for technically ambitious tasks. This includes the ability to solve these issues with both a creative and technical approach.
- You can arbitrate sensitively between creative desires and production requirements.
Games are uniquely complex, requiring many lifetimes’ amount of work across hundreds of people. Our Technical Artists are the force multipliers. They bridge creative, technical and design fields, so they are uniquely positioned to ensure that our powerful proprietary engine and tools deliver in the best possible manner for the wider Art teams.
This role will have a hand in sculpting our technologies ensuring we retain our reputation of being at the forefront of technology in PlayStation Studios. The role also is about ensuring our global art teams can scale effectively and efficiently, so we waste no time on setting new benchmarks in quality for the studio, and PlayStation 5.
In this role you will be expected to build out the team, so we need someone who is a self-starter and a great teammate. We are hoping you are the type of Manager who leads, constantly wants to improve, and can motivate and steer a team.
We encourage you to bring your best-unaltered self to work! We know that what makes for a phenomenal team culture is our team showing up and being themselves, which means they own a part of the team spirit. What makes us great is that we accept our people and their differences. We hope you have a willingness to continue to build outstanding working environments for everyone and not just yourself.
You are passionate about Diversity and Inclusion, and to you, they aren’t just buzzwords. You’ll understand that we all play a role in making this a normality. You will understand that this label speaks to people’s lived experiences that may differ from your own. You will embrace education around the subject and understand that your actions will showcase your commitment to DE&I, our culture and core values that promote inclusion and equality for all.
We have so many benefits, and we felt that if we listed them all out here it might look like we are bragging! What we can say is that we have you covered, from health and wellbeing, to finance and personal development, there is something there for everyone! If you would like to know more head to our benefits and perks page!
Either apply via the link below or reach out to me and I’ll put you in contact with the recruitment team