Duration: 6 months starting asap
40 hours a week
The Video UX team is seeking a 3D Technical Artist with the ability to build tools and write shaders for augmented reality experiences, and who has a strong attention to detail with an eye for design and motion. This is a great opportunity to work in an emerging field and help drive the direction of augmented reality designed for a global audience.
Video UX is responsible for video communications for products like Duo and Meet. Our work is at the intersection of productivity apps like Gmail, Chat and Docs, and system comms apps like Android Messages and Dialer.
- Iterate on and optimize 3D production assets for our proprietary real-time rendering engine
- Streamline pipeline by creating artist-friendly tools.
- Develop new features in partnership with the engineering team.
- Prototype and experiment with new tools and styles to make workflow recommendations that improve efficiency and quality of output.
- Review and organize assets so they are consistent and easily understood by multiple stakeholders.
- Coordinating closely with Eng, PM, and UX team to understand the expected state of features in prod for marketing announcements, and deliver assets that are fully aligned and accurate of implementation state.
- Author GLSL shaders.
- Technical/scripting experience in python or C++.
- Game engine experience in Unity, Unreal, or similar.
- Basic modeling, rigging, animation, and texture and lighting skills (with strong expertise in at least one area).
- Expertise in one or more of the following software programs: Maya, 3D Studio Max, Blender (Maya preferred).
- Ability to articulate why a design is or isn’t working.
- A degree in a relevant field: animation, video games, computer science. In lieu of a degree, 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with Substance Painter and PBR workflows.
- Familiarity with After Effects, basic compositing, video codecs, and video compression.
- 3+ years of experience as a Technical Artist for VR/AR or video games.
- Experience working closely with UX, engineering, and product management teams in the tech industry.