Specific Courses for Development
- Foundational Unreal Engine Workflows.
- Introduction to Visual Effects: Profiling Tools, VFX Workflows in Unreal Engine, Integrating Supplementary Software.
- Visual Effects using Niagara in Unreal Engine.
- Mesh and Shader Based VFX in Unreal Engine.
Duties and Responsibilities
Develop instructional content and materials for Unreal Engine including intro-level course, visual effects, Blueprints, Niagara, Unreal pipeline…
Organize course materials in a concise manner.
Outline a 14 week lecture sequence – Collaborate and approvals with DigiPen faculty.
Create 14 - 3 hour lectures that build on the knowledge base of previous lectures. The lectures should be fully prepared with slide decks, scripted tutorials, references, examples, videos, and resources for students to use for further learning and exploration. All lectures should be in large part, hands-on learning using the Unreal Engine and any other software required for the course.
Create 5-8 homework exercises that give students practice with the lecture material and give them reasonable challenges to problem solve and research.
Spec out all software and hardware requirements for the course.
Create clear grading rubrics for each graded assignment or task.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Art, Interactive Media, Technical Art, Visual Effects, or related field.
- Expert knowledge of Unreal Engine systems, and Visual Effects.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- 8+ years of professional VFX experience including VFX lead positions with the ability to apply the skills of the area of specialization.
- Shipped titles in different platforms and media.
- Instructor experience in a college setting, or other teaching experience.
- Strong understanding of project management workflows.
To be considered for this position, applicants should include the following:
- Curriculum vitae or resumé.
- List of 3 professional references with email and telephone contact information included
- A link to an online portfolio including VFX work in Unreal.
- Examples of Technical Art proficiencies such as scripting, programming languages, profiling tools, etc. Include the production software that you have used and your level of experience with them. (e.g., novice, moderate, knowledgeable, expert)