Tech Art Photoshop work

I haven’t actually looked into Flash Panels, as we’re on CS3 at work, which as far as I understand doesn’t have proper support for such.

Ryan, cheers, every little bit of savings helps. That’s similar to how I usually cache transform lookups, for example, in Unity.

As for the above, I facepalmed when I finally realised what the problem was: I needed to explicitly declare the variables in my function (var tempLayers), otherwise the value was getting overwritten when it recursed. Silly mistake on my part.

I tried to do flash panels the right way in flex or whatever, but I wasn’t able to find good documentation on it. I eventually found configuratorand said to hell with the rest.

I posted a quick flash panels tutorial here which helped a few people.
http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68788&page=49
starts at post 1214 on page 49. There’s 3 parts. last part is on page 50. covers setup, passing and returning values to jsx and packaging.

This case study is kind of dated now, but I find scripting things for Photoshop very useful especially when people are doing just silly monotonous things. This is kind of edge case as well, a lot of the PS scripts I write these days just deal with automating export pipeline.

(True story)

I really couldn’t agree with this statement more. Watch your artists work, and you will instantly see time savings with simple scripts like this. Great example as well.