JOIN OUR TEAM
Mediatonic is a team of over 350 exceptionally talented and seriously hardworking people. We devote our careers to crafting awesome original games in the hopes of bringing a little more joy into the world.
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives. We strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome, supported and diversity is celebrated. We passionately believe that games are for everyone, whether we’re playing or creating them.
What We Do
Mediatonic is the game developer behind Fall Guys and a member of the Epic Games family. We’re aiming to build “the Greatest Gameshow on Earth” as part of our mission to connect people through massively-multiplayer game experiences.
We take pride in crafting original titles that bring people together. Our quest is to create joyful experiences that are open to all by investing in the ideas, technologies and people that can bring our vision to life.
We’re looking for fantastic people to join our world-class team to help grow Fall Guys into an entertainment platform and to nurture the other equally ambitious titles we’re dreaming up.
What You’ll Do
We are looking for someone who is passionate about finding technical solutions to enable artists to achieve cohesive and dazzling visuals in our flagship game. You are continually looking for opportunities to reduce budget usage so we can improve technical performance as well as clear a path to improved visual capabilities across platforms. This will involve a mix of 3D know-how, tools scripting, shader programming, and content optimisation. You are well versed in 3D maths. Most of all, you are happy to collaborate in a cross-discipline team with artists, tech artists and programmers to achieve the best possible visual results.
In this role, you will
- Support performance and quality of the game with a combination of technical know-how and a passionate, user-focused eye for detail
- Work closely with artists, technical artists and engineers, agreeing approaches and work split in the creation of best-in-class 3D content within technical requirements
- Collaborate with TA teams in other pillars on the project to execute on cohesive goals and priorities
- Guide and support interoperability of systems created by content (levels and characters) and feature teams by identifying and advocating technical budget trade-offs and opportunities
- Work with engineering to optimise content for porting and refine release & pipeline processes
- Profile, maintain and optimise rendering, pipelines, lighting and shading components of a game
- Assist in ensuring art pipelines and asset sets are scalable and account for production and live ops constraints
- Define standards and guidelines and support Junior Technical Artists and the art team
- Provide status updates and reports to stakeholders both internal and external
What we’re looking for
- Experience with Unity3D or other 3D game engines and art tooling, e.g. Maya, zBrush, Houdini
- Experience in several of these pillars: shading, profiling, rigging, skinning, scripting, optimisation, procedural workflows
- Programming skills in C# and / or C++, with an understanding and passion for readable, robust code and best practices
- Shipped one or more AAA game titles and experience of mobile and multi-platform projects
- An exceptional eye for detail and quality and strong communication skills
If this is something that would interest you, please do apply via our website here. Alternatively, please reach out to me at [email protected] for more information. We are able to offer remote working for this position and we have an amazing team and project for you to join where you can really build your skillset alongside some world-class developers.
Wishing you well!