Forge alternate worlds that deepen players’ lives! We’re a game development studio based in Los Angeles, dedicated to the idea that online games can deliver deeper, more meaningful experiences.
Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for creating technical solutions and best practices for consistently optimizing AAA assets for use on mobile platforms.
- Support the tech art needs for our asset pipelines that target mobile platforms.
- Develop and integrate a range of innovative tech art solutions in UE4.
- Work with outsource managers to conduct reviews and feedback loops for external partners.
- Communicate and meet visual quality and performance standards.
- Collaborate with technical artists and tool programmers to drive workflow innovation and efficiency.
- Collaborate with and train artists on asset pipeline tools and asset optimization best practices.
- 3+ years of experience creating high-quality 3D assets for mobile platforms.
- Experienced in Maya art pipelines for game development.
- Experience with Zbrush, Substance Designer, Substance Painter, and the Adobe Creative suite.
- Experienced in optimizing assets to be performant on mobile platforms whilst maintaining visual style and quality.
- Experience performance profiling within UE4.
- Ability to understand and communicate art direction feedback constructively and efficiently.
- Experience in JIRA or Shotgrid.
- Self-motivated, organized, and energetic.
- Motivated by creating great games and also a passionate gamer on your own time.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Professional experience working in Unreal 4.
- Experience in high volume art pipelines.
- Experience working with outsource partners.
- Familiarity with 3D character and environment content pipelines.
- Experience using Python for scripting in Maya.
- Experience using C++.
- Choice of Remote (in approved states) or Hybrid office options in Los Angeles, CA, or Orange County, CA (office location pending) unless noted above
- Aligned to core Pacific Coast hours (10:00am - 4:00pm PT)
- Remote eligible locations: Quebec, Canada, or in one of the following US states: California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Michigan, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington
We’re a game development team based in Los Angeles, dedicated to the idea that online games can deliver deeper, more meaningful experiences.
With our first project Palia, we’re exploring new styles of game design and tackling difficult technical problems to create a game that’s beautiful and intricate, delivering far more than superficial entertainment or basic wish fulfillment, an experience that becomes a meaningful part of your life. Our vision is to create a compelling virtual universe filled with rich and diverse gameplay experiences and social interactions that will keep you playing for years, evolving along with you and the rest of the community… We want our players to feel valued as well as a true sense of belonging.
Sounds ambitious? We think so, too. If you’re interested in the challenge of building a new genre, in making rewarding interactive & community experiences filled with amazing art and world class technology to support this living world, join us on the journey.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. We’re excited to hear from you!
Check out our announcement trailer!