Forge alternate worlds that deepen players’ lives! We’re a game development studio based in Los Angeles, dedicated to the idea that online games can deliver deeper, more meaningful experiences.
We’re looking for a talented Lead Technical Artist (Environments) with a keen attention to detail and a passion for technologies and solutions that deliver high fidelity game worlds and industry-leading innovative artist-friendly and real-time solutions.
Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Lead our Environments-focused Technical Artists in developing high-quality game-ready rendering solutions and associated tools and pipelines that support the fidelity of the world that we are striving for in Palia.
- Work closely with our Art leadership and environment artists to help define the vision and set a high-quality bar for our world and the experiences and stories we want to tell within it.
- Be the connective tissue across disciplines to ensure we are aligned on how to achieve the scale and quality of the world we want to create.
- Develop a pipeline with the art team to create efficient and scalable workflows.
- Be able to work with designers and the art team to make fun and enjoyable experiences for players.
- Create tools and pipeline solutions that are optimized for quality and productivity.
- Create prototype solutions as part of our explorative process.
- Mentor & manage a team of talented Environment Technical Artists.
- Work in collaboration with our outsourcing partners to enable quality asset generation.
- Degree in a related field or equivalent industry experience.
- 5+ years of AAA games industry experience working as a Senior Technical Artist (Environments).
- Leadership and management experience.
- Strong understanding of real-time rendering pipelines(Preferably UE4).
- In-depth knowledge of creating environments within UE4.
- Experienced in the use of UE4 blueprints.
- In-depth knowledge of Autodesk Maya.
- Able to write clean and extensible code using Python or Mel.
- Cutting edge knowledge of technical art trends and techniques.
- Motivated by and is a strong advocate for a collaborative work environment.
- Effective at working in cross discipline teams to achieve a shared mission.
- Motivated by creating great games.
- Experience working with art outsourcing.
- Experience with environmental storytelling.
- Experience in C++
- Familiarity with network replication.
- Portfolio showcasing a breadth of work in a range of styles.
- Experience and interest in creating Stylized or 3rd person games.
- Other disciplines such as Shader Development, Node-Based Scripting, Procedural Asset Creation, VFX, Character Modeling are considered a huge plus.
- A passionate gamer on your own time.
- Choice of Remote (in approved states) or Hybrid office options in Los Angeles, CA, or Orange County, CA (office location pending) unless noted above
- Aligned to core Pacific Coast hours (10:00am - 4:00pm PT)
- Remote eligible locations: Quebec, Canada, or in one of the following US states: California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Michigan, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington
We’re a game development team based in Los Angeles, dedicated to the idea that online games can deliver deeper, more meaningful experiences.
With our first project Palia, we’re exploring new styles of game design and tackling difficult technical problems to create a game that’s beautiful and intricate, delivering far more than superficial entertainment or basic wish fulfillment, an experience that becomes a meaningful part of your life. Our vision is to create a compelling virtual universe filled with rich and diverse gameplay experiences and social interactions that will keep you playing for years, evolving along with you and the rest of the community. We want our players to feel valued as well as a true sense of belonging.
Sounds ambitious? We think so, too. If you’re interested in the challenge of building a new genre, in making rewarding interactive and community experiences filled with amazing art and world class technology to support this living world, join us on the journey.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. We’re excited to hear from you!
Check out our announcement trailer!