PyQt4 Maya 2009 Ubuntu Karmic

Hi,
A very noob question…searched and was not able to find an answer…Which might be because it’s a very basic question…
posted this question on Ubuntu forum.

Need help to get PyQt4 working in Maya 2009 Ubuntu karmic which already has PyQt4 4.6.1 installed…
I have this working properly in Win Xp 32…which has python2.5 and 2.6 compatible versions installed.

When I try to do this Ubuntu it just replaces one version PyQt4 with another.
Is it possible to have both PyQt4 versions installed.
Or is there any other way to get it to work.

kind regards

Solved.
Well like I said lack of search results means that the answer is very simple.
needed PyQt4 module in /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.5. Apologies for a very stupid question. My first post. I guess I was a little too eager.:D:

hi , maybe could we add some precisions on the subject :

My problem is : install PyQt4 on a linux Fedora x64 (And I guess it’s the same on Ubuntu)
Info : i used an .exe installer to do it on windows, after this, in my maya install i can see sip , PyQt4 modules.

Are you saying with your technique it’s possible to do : install PyQt4 on windows , copy the PyQt4 modules ( it seems to be class and functions of for creating Qt windows) and the sip module ( it seems to be the wraper between python and C++) from the windows partition to the linux partition ?

In MPFGAF (book) , they give us the paths which is different by the way :
on win = C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya<version>\Python\lib\site-packages
on linux = /usr/autodesk/maya/lib/python<version>/site-packages

Final question :
At the end it’s just python modules isn’t it ? Is it matter to copy this files directly from an OS to an other ? And if so , why ?

(Maybe my question is stupid … i will see that soon !)

edit = according to this post , it seems to be more a question about the python versions more than os ,

Oups , there is also a link in the book to http://www.maya-python.com/chapter-8/ maybe i will get the answer here