Bitreel is a new start-up creating interactive photoreal virtual spaces for online businesses, designed to run well and look great in a browser on everything from a cellphone to a gaming desktop PC.
We are a small, passionate team of around a dozen web developers, designers, architects, 3d and technical artists who believe we can make immersive virtual environments the future of online shopping and advertising as never seen before, without resorting to streaming video over the web.
With us you would be working in a diverse, multi-disciplinarian team creating mind-blowing virtual worlds for some of the biggest brands in retail.
For the right candidate, this role could be an amazing opportunity for a junior graduate to grow and develop new skills as much as it could be a place for a senior to flourish.
What will you be doing?
Some combination of:
- Developing and maintaining a Houdini-based asset and environment baking pipeline running in the cloud
- Working with artists to identify pain-points in the pipeline and solutions
- Writing shaders and graphics techniques to push the quality of browser-based virtual worlds
- Helping shape the direction of our tech, pipeline and tooling efforts
- Strong Python scripting ability
- Good knowledge of Houdini, esp. geometry processing
- Some experience with PBR asset pipelines
- Curiosity for new technology and a willingness to learn
- Substance Designer & Painter knowledge
- Familiarity with Redshift
- Web-development experience
- Familiarity with WebGL2, ThreeJS or BabylonJS
- Experience working with outsource vendors
- Shader development experience
- PBR asset creation experience
- Familiarity with REST API
This is a full-time, fully remote role working with an international team cross the globe. Salaried at 80K USD p/a, negotiable higher for a senior with the right experience.
If this role sounds interesting to you, please send your resumé and portfolio to [email protected].