Package win32con on a shared drive

Hi there

I’m trying to setup a tool using python 2.7 package winshell.
I want all my packages to be on a shared drive.
Problem is, even if it is installed, win32con does not seem to work:

import winshell
ImportError: file L:/python_packages\winshell.py line 33: No module named win32con
  • All users have this shared folder L:/python_packages in their PYTHONPATH.

• All needed packages have been successfully installed through pip in L:/python_packages:
    python -m pip install --target=L:/python_packages --upgrade pypiwin32

• I can see the files in L:/python_packages:

• Doing the exact same thing with a local pip install in C:/python27/ folder works as expected.

Is it possible to use win32con from a server?
If not, how can I use winshell?

Hi BenWall,

Im trying to use win32com.client so using a similar approach i installed as a custom package inside my lib folder that is shared with my team.

Did you find a solution?

# Traceback (most recent call last):
#   File "C:\0_ART\PRGMayaTools\python\*****\lib\hdamanagertool\wg_hdatools_main.py", line 131, in sendMail
#     import win32com.client as win32
#   File "C:\0_ART\PRGMayaTools\python\*****\lib\package\win32com\__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
#     import win32api, sys, os
# ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

I ran out of time so I decided to find another route which works for my needs: I force a local install of winshell and pypiwin32 usinf subprocess and pip before the tool launches.

1 Like

Well in my case i need to import this and execute in Maya and even if i have it locally installed in all my python versions still the module is not found … i could run a script using subprocess but i want to send a mail with some parameters from my users (