Maya UI Cheat Sheet

I got tired of not knowing what the UI elements were named when I was trying to find it in the docs but knew what the control looked like, so I finally made this pdf. Hopefully will save others some time. As for me I pretty much have all of them memorized now…:sick:

If there are more that I haven’t added that you think might be useful, let me know and I will add it.

Cheat Sheet

p.s. If anyone from Autodesk reads this, I have all the images still if you want to add them to your docs:D:

cool dude.

Great idea, it can be frustrating digging through all those UI elements for the right one.

Good One Matt!

thank you!

Thank you !

Awesome Matt.

If someone (I’m not looking at myself :slight_smile: made a similar pdf for 3dsmax equivalents (in MaxScript and DotNet) it’d be awesome.

After the first page I was like “Yeah isn’t all this on that same page in the docs”, until I started realizing it’s actually all scattered out and sometimes not even documented.

SamiV.

Nice!.. I will use this daily…

Cheers

Awesome!

Thanks for this! This will be very helpful.

[QUOTE=mattanimation;12716]If there are more that I haven’t added that you think might be useful, let me know and I will add it.
[/QUOTE]

Not UI but…

Since all previous UI code is a cheatsheet/template. I “try” to keep code blocks organized so that the layouts and
optionVar strategies and logic are easily copyPasted or referenced with comments at a glance.

Perhaps some of the UI image examples could benefit with code examples when special considerations are important?
( With this reference, I would find copy-pasting relevant template examples very useful! )

Also…
Just because I have a “special” fantasy that someday I will no longer need an application to open another pdf file:
Maybe a WIKI submission here at TAO, would be easily referenced from different locations.

Sounds like a good Idea. What if I add a section that has some example UI’s with tabs and scroll layouts and all that jazz and then add the code? You know what I might just make a video devoted to UI dev in Maya, I’ve never really seen one like that before. Thanks for all the thoughts everyone.

Hey Matt, could you put up the Maya UI cheat sheet again? I love that thing!

updated link, as this was requested again recently https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5192835/MayaUICheatSheet.pdf

Thank you Matt