@tfox_TD Thanks a lot for sharing that, it’s awesome!
I ended up following @kiryha advice and setuped an automatic export / import as FBX to clean them up , as I sadly have some deadlines to match… But I’ll definitly test this out over the weekend
EDIT: just had the time to test it, it works perfectly out of the box. Thanks a lot.
I found the origin of my initial problem : the meshs were originally created with transformatilns in the offset matrix transform nodes, which apparently are not supported by FBX or ABC, even when exporting in world.
@mudoglu In Houdini, I achieved that with VEX. I don’t have any code to share as it was in another company, but basically the idea is to :
- grab data from your source (for each point, get P, neighbours() and pointprim() )
- recreate each point and connect them with your neighbours arrays with addpoint / create the faces with addprim
The important part is to keep a consistant @ptnum and connections between the meshs.
Winding order was a bit more complicated if I remember correctly…