Introductions

Hey All!

I’m Tim Borrelli, Senior Tech. Animator and Animation Coordinator at Volition. I develop pipelines, rig, write tools for animators, cinematics artists and character artists (and the occasional vehicle artist). Currently working on Saints Row 2, and will be working on the core tech group in the future. If Adam lets me :slight_smile:

Hi All, I’m Renaud Galand. Previously employed @ 10tacle Studio Belgium as 3d artist and now “on the market” ;). I’m definitely not a technical artist but I like to learn everything I’m not familiar with :slight_smile: So Thanks a lot for this new forum, guys !

Graham Wihldal. He works with Light up in Vancover, last I knew. Also wrote “Game Engine Toolset Development”, which I highly recommend.

allow me to reintroduce myself, my name is zeke. je suis un artiste.

First off, this is awesome, glad someone finally put up a Tech Art centric board. Should be alot of fun:D:

Second, my name is Seth, I’m currently the Animation/Cinematics/Maya Technical Artist at Bungie, so basically anything Maya or Motionbuilder related that doesn’t have to do with Character Rigging. Looking forward to both picking brains and having mine picked.

Wow, this thread exploded without me noticing.

I am a Game Designer at Black Lantern Studios and am moving to Austin in a couple of weeks to be the Studio Designer for our new studio down there.

I have a degree in CGT and haven’t used my 3d art training professionally at all since I graduated! I’m still trying to keep up on the art spectrum of game development in my personal time and by staying in communication with our artists here. I’ve been active on GameDev.net for a very long time, which is where I met Rob and asked about helping out with this site.

Just saw this today. Looks like a lot of tech art talent here.

I work at Bungie as the resident Max tools and support guy. I mainly write scripts to help our environment and object guys work faster.

I also sit behind Mr. djTomServo as part of our Technical Art Empire.

My name is Mathieson Facer and I’m a technical director at Keyframe Digital Productions currently working on a television series and other side projects. I specialize in rigging, scripting, and VFX.

I’m really excited for the future of this site. I think its off to a great start and is going to of great benefit to a lot of people down the road.

Hi everyone! My name is Mihai Cernusca.
I’m currently an animation student in the Chicago area, looking to graduate in the next 6 months or so.

I have my hands in many pots (sometimes too many). Professionally I’ve been working as a web application developer for various agencies and universities on a wide range of products and projects around the world.

Upon graduation I’m going to pursue a technical artist position.

I’m really excited to see such a group of individuals willing to interact, share and learn!

Greetings!
My name is David Wright and Lead Technical Artist at Bioware Austin. This is a great idea and I look forward to planning our world domination!

• Best Regards

[QUOTE=davidwright;367]Greetings!
My name is David Wright and Lead Technical Artist at Bioware Austin. This is a great idea and I look forward to planning our world domination!

• Best Regards[/QUOTE]

Just out of interest, how many TAs are there at Bioware? I’m seeing the logo pop up quite bit on this forum! :):

It’s mainly because Rob is the main admin and he has the most posts. There are 3 of us in Austin and I think 5 or 6 in Edmonton.

Volition could so take you guys.

I think I hear a challenge. :slight_smile: We play TF2 here. Are you guys down for a match?

Oops, I miss-counted. In Edmonton they have 6 technical animators and 6 technical artists. So that makes 15 total.

-Ben

Heya!

I do tech art and vfx at Doublefine in San Francisco. Adam Pletcher of Volition clued me into this site. I’m super excited about it - a place for us to meet and share ideas has been a long time coming.

Thanks Rob!

Hi everyone!

I currently work as Lead Environment Artist for Black Lantern Studios in Austin. This is a great idea for a site and I hope the community will grow. I am new to the Austin area and am excited about meeting with the many talented game industry folk down here.

I do a good amount of MaxScript and C# when it comes to my tech artist work.

:nod: Someone said TF2 :nod:

steamname: thedour

Hey,

My name is Judd Simantov… I’m the Art Technical Lead at Naughty Dog.

Awesome site! I’m looking forward to the discussions and learning from everybody here!

Later :wink:

Hey Judd, cool to see you posting here, I like that Naughty Dog are really good about sharing their tech ideas and notes, I saw the slides from a presentation about the characters and animation in Drakes Fortune, very interesting stuff. I assume you had a hand in that :slight_smile: