Intro to Python Programming in Houdini - Book

Greetings Tech Artists from around the world -

I am currently finishing a book teaching basic Python to reluctant technical artists, “Essential Programming for Technical Artists.” I would like to finish the book before the end of the year. It will be published late spring/early summer. The book approaches the topic from an alternative perspective: using Houdini as the IDE. I found students take to learning Python more quickly when working on exercises related to their intended topic area. I have been using this technique for many years teach Python to FIEA Tech Artists very successfully for many years.

I am currently searching for book reviewers. All reviewers will receive in-book credit and a hard copy of the text book when it has been published. All reviewers should be adept with programming with Python 3.9 in Houdini.

This is not only a text book for my class but I plan on selling it around the world. Here in an opportunity to not only be credited in a published book but also have a positive impact on the next generation of Python programmers.

If you would like to know more about this opportunity, please respond back to this posting or simply contact me, [email protected]. I will be requesting code samples in order to vet experienced Houdini Python programmers.

Thank you for your time. I look forward collaborating with you in the future.

10 Likes