Get Paid for Learning Visual Effects?

I have a bit of a problem and I now need to seek outside of my comfort zone.

I am currently writing a book called, Real-Time Visual Effects for the Technical Artist. The text is near completion but I still have dozens of images to create and my publisher is getting anxious. I hired former students to help me with the images. Here lies the problem. Once they get going with the images, they learn a tremendous amount and sharpen their skills. In-fact they become so good they get great paying jobs! (Better than I can afford). I’ve gone through three effects artists in the last 5 months.

While it is not very much, the artists do get compensated. There are in-material, simulation and particle images to be done. Most of the work is done in UE4 but some Houdini, work is necessary for the vertex cache and pre-baked particle systems. There is also some Photoshop and Illustrator work.

I am reluctant to work with anyone but my students but I’ve run out of students and I need to get done in the near future. If you are looking for an opportunity to sharpen your VFX skills and get compensated, please get back with me, [email protected], and we’ll talk from there.

Thank you very much for your time and attention.

This topic was automatically closed 83 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.