Hardsuit Labs is looking for a self-motivated, collaborative, and enthusiastic gameplay engineer to join a seasoned team working on an unannounced title for PC and consoles. This is an opportunity to work with a successful engineering team on a fast-paced, competitive, co-operative, multiplayer game. The is a full-time, benefits eligible position located onsite in our West Seattle studio.
You enjoy working with fast-paced, multidisciplinary teams. You have a track record of open, honest communication across all levels of an organization. Experience implementing gameplay features in engine is preferred. The ideal candidate will bring 4 or more years of professional C or C++ coding experience to the role. If this sounds like you, apply now to join an outstanding engineering department.
What You Will Be Doing
- Collaborate daily with a multi-disciplinary team to build, maintain, and extend our codebase.
- Write and maintain production-quality C++ code that follows good coding standards.
- Actively seek input and feedback from peers, team, and project leadership.
- Be proactive at fixing issues discovered through gameplay/QA testing.
- Assist engineering leadership in API implementation across entire project team.
- Assist in creating work estimates and support team members in achieving project deadlines.
What You Will Bring
- Extensive personal experience using C or C++ to solve technological challenges.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of 3D math (trigonometry, calculus, linear algebra) as it applies to video games.
Nice to Haves
- 4+ years professional experience with C or C++.
- Experience with UE4 game engine.
- Experience working on a personal game project.
- Experience providing realistic estimates of production-quality code.
- Degree in computer science, applied math, or related field.