Shengqu Games is building a technical art team in the US to create advanced tools and technologies for our upcoming flagship AAA action RPG and other game projects on PC and mobile.
We are looking for Senior Technical Artists and Technical Art Directors to bridge the gap between art and engineering, own our asset production pipelines, and leverage their artistic and technical skills to help make our creative vision a reality. Our goal is to build a supportive team of strong problem solvers, communicators, and area specialists that love to lead and manage other Technical Artists and collaborate with the Art Director, Technical Director, Game Director, and production artists to create exciting experiences for players to enjoy spending time.
We are building this technical art division in a fully remote manner.
- Takes a major role in the decision making of new projects technologies
- Working across disciplines, particularly with the art and animation teams, to ensure a smooth development pipeline that delivers high-quality assets
- Create custom tools and scripts to increase the productivity and efficiency of the animation team
- Works on prototyping workflow for animation teams
- Establishes tool priorities for the project
- Sets standards and enforces their adoption
- Ensure end-user documentation is created and maintained.
- Contributes with best practices for the team
- Provide knowledge and solutions for animation problems
- Debugging and support of animation systems and tools
Required Qualifications and Skillset:
- 8+ years of experience in technical animation, tools, and pipeline development in the game industry
- Experienced building at least 2 AAA titles from start to finish
- 3+ years Unreal engine experience
- Expert-level proficiency in animation software such as Maya, 3DS Max
- Strong Proficiency in C++, Python and DCC scripting languages
- Strong knowledge and experience of character kinematics, deformations, and topology
- Expert-level proficiency in character rigging, skinning, physics, and technical workflows
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly provide technical feedback into the tasks, rigs, toolsets, and documentation
- Knowledge of current and future technology and trends in video games and desire for continuous learning
- High work ethic and self-motivation
- Supportive company culture
- Competitive compensation package, bonus initiative plans, 401K, full cover health benefits
- Unlimited paid-time-off policy
- Permanent Remote Work
To apply for this position, please send me an email: [email protected]