Been a whopping 7 years since I’ve posted on this fantastic community, but I’m super excited to share this opportunity for you all to consider. In this role, you’ll be helping create Extensions & Connectors for the Nvidia Omniverse platform, while supporting some of the biggest (and smallest!) game engine and DCC developers to do the same. Python is the flavor of choice, with a deep understanding of 3D asset pipelines and editor scripting being the gravy on top.
Please feel free to reach out to me directly (here or LinkedIn) if you have any questions!
Our work in visual computing - the art and science of computer graphics - has led to thousands of patented inventions, breakthrough technologies, deep industry relationships and a globally recognized brand. NVIDIA’s Simulation Technology division builds industry leading technology for high-end virtual experiences including Omniverse. You are a software engineer, technical artist or systems engineer who is excited to engage with our strategic ecosystem partners on building on top of Omniverse, our scalable and GPU-based real-time reference development platform for 3D simulation and design collaboration. In this role, you will ensure that external companies make the best of the ground-breaking technology that we develop at NVIDIA.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Work with external engineering teams on the objective of a most efficient adoption of Omniverse. Understand their requirements and follow-through with internal engineering and product teams.
- Use your experience and technical expertise and actively contribute with Omniverse design discussions.
- Create and document high-quality sample applications, whitepapers, and developer blogs highlighting the essentials for a successful Omniverse adoption.
- Debug and profile internal and external Omniverse applications to uncover potential issues and bottlenecks and help resolve them.
What We Need To See
- A real passion for overcoming outstanding visual compute challenges
- Validated knowledge of C/C++ and Python and associated development environments, debugging and profiling tools
- Confirmed experience in software development under Windows and Linux
- Strong problem solving abilities and distinct skills to quickly acquire expertise in areas new to you
- An outstanding teammate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong time-management and organization skills, with the ability to coordinate multiple initiatives and priorities
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent fields (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years of experience
Ways To Stand Out From The Crowd
- Hands-on experience with Omniverse SDKs
- Experience with PIXAR’s Universal Scene Description (USD)
- Expertise with CUDA programming and/or recent graphics APIs like Vulkan and/or DX12
- Experience with extending 3D visualization and content creation applications through plugins or scripting
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers. We have some of the most forward-thinking and hardworking people in the world working for us. If you’re creative, autonomous and love a challenge, we want to hear from you.
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.