Digital Domain in LA/Vancouver and Montreal is hiring.
Interested, send your resume to [email protected]
Purpose of the job:
A Character FX Pipeline Technical Director (CFX TD) is responsible for developing workflows, tools and APIs for working with cutting edge approaches to dynamic hair, cloth, muscles, and geometry deformations for all of Digital Domains high-profile Feature Film and Television projects.
Above all, this role requires an enthusiasm to learn and try new things. The Character Effects department is constantly exploring new techniques in a variety of proprietary, publicly available and open-source applications to achieve industry-leading results. A candidate for this role should have strong technical and communication skills, an understanding of good coding practices, and experience with 3D geometry deformation principals. For these reasons, experience with either Houdini or Character FX work is required, but not necessarily both
● Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast paced, dynamic atmosphere.
● Collaborate with the Character FX Pipeline team and department stakeholders to find and present
opportunities for improvements that can be addressed through communication, training,
documentation, or by developing technology solutions.
● Help to ensure that solutions find the right balance between the immediate-term needs of current
projects while also contributing to the department’s long-term roadmap.
● Support artists with production issues by applying debugging skills and tracking the progress in
● Design, extend and integrate a range of proprietary software into our multi-DCC (Maya, Houdini,
● Participate with the rest of the Pipeline Department to maintain and improve the quality of existing
tools and APIs
Education and/or Experience Required:
● 3+ years experience in at least one of these areas/applications (not all): Character FX, Rigging,
● Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
● Expertise in Python
Experience with crafting APIs, serialization formats (YAML, JSoN, XML, etc), other languages such
as C++, and GUI frameworks such as Qt are highly desired but not required.