Ridgeline Games is focused on building rich narrative campaigns with memorable characters and powerful experiences all in the Battlefield universe. We are building a new studio in the Seattle area composed of leaders and talent with a vast array of AAA game dev experience.
Role Overview: Acting as a bridge between our content creators and our game technology. You will push the visual quality through creative solutions that improve our pipelines, in engine and performance profiling. We are currently seeking a Lead as well as 2 additional Technical Artists.
- You will work with artists and engineers to pinpoint game performance and memory usage issues
- Brainstorm, R&D, and implement different project pipelines and toolsets
- Evaluate and improve game textures for PBR correctness
- Support content creation when needed
- Diagnose problems related to level creation and support the world team
- Work with artists to solve technical problems with existing tools
- Develop node-based shaders in Frostbite
- Experience delivering high-quality visuals while following memory and performance targets in the video game industry
- Experience with performance and memory profiling within game engines
- Solid knowledge of current and next-gen art techniques as well as fundamental art principles
- Experience with procedural content creation software like Houdini, Substance Suite
- Solid experience with physically based rendering
- Knowledge and experience with common scripting languages like Python and C#
You can apply at ea.com/careers or reach out to me directly.