We are Turtle Rock Studios. An award-winning game developer of AAA first person shooters and other games, including the latest co-op shooter franchise, Back 4 Blood. We are located in the heart of Orange County, CA. We thrive in an open and collaborative environment which is led to this day by co-founders Chris Ashton and Phil Robb.
Turtle Rock Studios is looking for a Senior Technical Animator to join the team and work on Back 4 Blood! Working with animators, engineers, and designers, this role focuses on developing and improving animation features in engine, implementing assets, and optimizing current animation systems, tools, and practices. Join our exceptional development team to help us create industry leading animation and gameplay experiences! We are a fully remote studio and open to anyone in North America (US and Canada). We have the option to be Hybrid in our lively California office as well, but not a requirement.
- Create and maintain animation blueprints, blendspaces, and montages within Unreal
- Support and implement animation content, and fine tune parameters for gameplay animation
- Work directly with Programming, Animation, and Design to prototype and deliver excellent combat, character locomotion and movement mechanics, facial animation, and other new game features to deliver extremely polished gameplay and animation. Help to determine risk/reward throughout the process
- Help document design features and parameters, brainstorming all avenues for the creation of animation content
- Investigate, identify, and improve pipeline, optimize workflows and tools, setting best practices/standards streamlining the animation process
- Troubleshoot asset and editor problems for the Animation and other development teams
- Document systems and feature functionality for use by the teams and future employees
- Coordinate with all departments to achieve project goal
Want to learn more? Click here for the full job description: Job Application for Senior Technical Animator at Turtle Rock Studios