White outline on HLSL in Maya

I’m working on some HLSL in maya to get some basic understanding of it.

However, it seems I get a white outline on the mesh when a HLSL shader is applied.
Anyone have an idea what might cause this?

I haven’t used Maya in about 6 years, so all i can offer is general advice.
Try to update your video drivers and directX. Also, dig around in Maya’s display/viewport options and ensure Maya is set to use D3d properly

hey tistatos recently i have been involved in converting our Engine Shader for maya viewport with some hack i got it working so can you please elaborate more on your issue coz the green color in your image makes me feel you havent loaded the shader file yet or i might be wrong on this so can you shed some light on this :):

I tried the same thing at home and got no white outline, for your info mayur i first thought there was something in my code that made the outline and therefore tried other HLSL shaders and also (as seen in the picture) a shader without a .FX file linked to it.

so i would guess it has something to do with drivers or some tricky settings in Maya

It looks like Antialiasing artefacts, maybe its forced on in your drivers. I dont know much about Mayas options for this.