Wanting advice on portfolio and crossing over

ok, so I have been working the past few years in video games industry and I am really interested in moving into the movies and cinematics side of things

now I am wondering if you guys would be able to help me out with advice on what I should do to help get my name out there, or if I should just stay in the games industry as a tech artist

so far the collection of my work I put together is mostly on my site at http://simpletofind.ca

all and any advice is greatly apreciated :slight_smile:

I also just recently discovered this website… and I must say… hurray!

finally, a group of people who can understand that “if it aint broke, we arnt pushing it far enough yet!” and “shaking the frozen juice can really does make it thaw faster…”

looking forward to all your comments!

first off, it took me a while to find your work, maybe have a tab or button on the left that says demoreel, or have the reel at the top of your page, recruiters dont want to look for someones work. your work is really good tho. i was really impressed with those commericals you worked on. is there anyway that you can get a hold of the rigs you did for those projects??? it would be nice if you could showcase the individual rigs and maybe things you modeled and then at the end you show what they were finally in.

also what if you took your work that you have worked on, and cut it up into a reel where you have a title card with your name, what you want to be, and contact info, then some cut up parts of different work, and then the same card at the end. hold both cards for 5 sec and have a simple fade. also maybe put a watermark on your work so noone can say they did it and take it.

you might be able to get away with out a demoreel and just show your commericals, it just would be nice if you could show individual elements from them. and show that dragon rig you have with the feathers, that would be sweet

just some ideas :smiley:

richard shuping
www.rrshuping.com

Thanks for the good info, your site is very cool. ------ jordan shoes CEO of www.oknike.com.