Based in the heart of the North West’s vibrant game development hub in Liverpool, Firesprite Games is an independent game developer working at the cutting edge of game development on the latest hardware platforms.
We’re the creators of our own original survival horror IP, “The Persistence”, released to critical acclaim for PlayStation VR in Summer 2018 and we have also collaborated with many strategic partners on a wide range of high profile projects including (but not limited to) “The Playroom”, “The Playroom VR” and “Run SackboyRun”.
We have ambitious plans for 2020 and beyond and we’re looking for talented developers to join our studio as we embark upon this next exciting phase.
We are seeking an experienced VFX artist to produce stunning real-time VFX for an incredibly exciting project. It’s a chance to get in at the early stages of a game and contribute to the development of a brand-new IP. You’ll work very closely with the whole of the team, especially with tech artists and the art director, to iterate, evolve and polish the VFX to the highest quality possible.
You will get to work with a dedicated and talented team that has delivered some amazing quality titles. Come and join our successful, stable and expanding studio and create a game that’s guaranteed to be massive hit across the globe!
Key Responsibilities: -
- Creating and designing high quality real-time visual FX for characters, environments, and gameplay.
- Assist in establishing the visual style of the VFX alongside the Art Director and Design team.
- Optimizing visual effects for performance while maintaining high-quality standards
- Maintain the production pipeline and meeting deadlines.
- Working closely with other departments while creating and implementing VFX assets.
- The ability to work from photo reference or concept art to deliver a full game ready asset including texturing and shading in-game engine
- To over-deliver on the spec given by the Art Director by helping to set and maintain a high-quality bar for the projects VFX
- Must have been part of a full dev-cycle of at least 1 shipped game
- Experience in creating a variety of game-ready visual effects and a strong understanding of the relevant technical requirements.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and the Cascade / Niagara editors
- Outstanding creativity and a desire to contribute ideas to the project
- Advanced knowledge of Maya
- Experience with baked and real-time destruction simulation
- Friendly and approachable personality
- Highly self-motivated and show initiative
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
- Must have a passion and understanding of what makes AAA games great.
- Avid and passionate gamer.
Additional or desired skills:
- Knowledge of Houdini a bonus
- Console development experience would be advantageous
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V and any supporting portfolio to [email protected]
JOB CODE: FVFX01