Hi! job description below. If you’re interested or have any questions about the role, feel free to email me at [email protected]. Thanks!
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian is growing our Unreal Engine practice across many teams and have an opportunity at our Palo Alto studio for an experienced and talented Unreal Engine Artist .
Working heavily in Unreal Engine, this role would focus primarily on their artistic skills, materials, and lighting within Unreal Engine. An additional knowledge of animation and cameras within Unreal Engine is critical. The Unreal Artist is responsible for creating and optimizing assets to work within Unreal Engine for real-time rendering on our in-vehicle screens. An Unreal Artist can balance the aesthetics and technical requirements of assets within the Unreal Engine. To create fantastic immersive worlds and to quickly realize ideas & concepts that surpass the highest standards of the In-Vehicle User Experience.
Unreal Artists work under the guidance and direction of the In-Vehicle UI Design Director and Lead 3D Artists.
- Work with design leadership in developing high level concepts and stylized
- Looks for vehicles and environments using Unreal Engine**.**
- Closely collaborate with the UX/UI team to bring user interaction models to life in Unreal Engine.
- Create, maintain and Optimize Unreal Engine materials.
- Create new and edit existing blueprints in Unreal Engine.
- Unreal Engine Artist with 3+ years of Unreal Engine production experience
- Minimum 3+ Year experience working with high-end assets for AAA games/cinematic sequences using Unreal Engine.
- Knowledge of rigging, IK chains and the Skeletal Rig in Unreal Engine.
- Understanding of the entire 3D rendering pipeline
- Experience building UE Blueprints
- Solid understanding of layout, shot composition and photography
- Experience with photoreal texturing, shading, lighting, and light baking in Unreal Engine
- Experience with optimization for real-time rendering
- Experience with sequencer, animation, particle emitters and cameras in Unreal Engine
- Ability to establish and maintain a professional rapport with internal stakeholders
- Excellent ability to work under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Work well with others in a team environment
- Cinema 4D
- 3DS Max
- Substance Designer
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at [[email protected]]