UE Automation Platform

Hi fellow Tech Artists!

For the past 5 months I’ve been working on “igby”, a platform for continuous #UE Project automation. I’ve worked hard and got help/advice from some great people and learned a lot in the process. It is open source under the MIT license, and completely transparent since it is authored using python. I hope you try it and love it. Current release comes with a couple of sample modules and I will be developing more soon, so let me know if you have any requests. I ask for your help to get the word around to anyone who might want to try it.

Thank you!

Richard G.

1 Like

As a CI lover, I’m very excited about this!
After reading through the docs, and skimming over the sample settings, I think I get the basics, but not the actual how do i use it.
I might just be stupid. 🤷
What maybe could improve this repo is some more docs / a sample in the readme.
A specific example, saying what you want to achieve, and how Igby helps to achieve that.
(Or maybe add an image or gif showing the process in action?)

Well done on this btw, games need more CI ! :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Hi Hannes,

Thank you for your response. I do believe that I included usage steps in the readme but I know that I need to do some “dogfooding” so I would def appreciate suggestions. Try these steps and let me know if this is clear or not. After you update the settings .json file with the correct info it should just work. I think… :smiley:

Igby is self contained and only requires 4 steps:

1. Copy the whole ignby folder to one of your local drives. Make sure it has ample storage space.
  2. Create a dedicated Perforce user and clientspec.
  3. Create a [igby_python] environment variable that points to the python executable that you want Igby to use.
  4. Create a custom version of the included [sample_igby_settings.json] file to reflect your settings. More settings info in the “Settings” section below.

To Run:

(Windows) Drag your settings json file that contains the settings and drop it on igby.bat
(Cmd Shell) Provide the settings json file as the argument for igby.bat Ex. igby.bat my_project_settings.json
Including -d after the .json file will run igby with full verbosity for debugging purposes.

igby v0.1.1 now supports both UE5 and UE4.27.
Please let me know if you try it and you need assistance.